For students whose disability prevents them from taking class notes the OAE will select volunteer notetakers who are also enrolled in the same courses. Notes are either typed or handwritten and uploaded to a designated Box folder. Volunteer notetakers are provided a stipend at the end of the quarter.
Notetaking Request Forms
- Log into the student portal at OAE | CONNECT to make a request
Students should contact the OAE as soon as possible as timely notice is needed to coordinate accommodations. Similarly, it is the student's responsibility to notify the OAE as early as possible as to any problems experienced in the obtaining of academic accommodations and services.
Notetaking User Agreement
All users of Notetaking Accommodations are required to read and agree to the following conditions. Submitting Notetaking Accommodation Requests indicates agreement.
As a user of the Notetaker Service, I agree that:
- I will submit my request through OAE | CONNECT as soon as possible.
- I will ensure that the information I include on the request form is accurate and complete so as to both speed and simplify the process of identifying a notetaker.
- I will inform the Accommodations Coordinator of any changes in my schedule within 24 hours if it will impact an existing academic accommodations request. These changes include adding or dropping classes, or modifications in enrollment status such as a leave of absence.
- If I am requesting notes for discussion sections, I will submit the appropriate follow-up request with my official section number when it is assigned.
- I will inform the Accommodations Coordinator of any action that I take to receive notes, including arrangements made with the professor, the teaching assistant, or another student in the class.
- I will inform the Accommodations Coordinator of any problems with receiving notes as soon as possible (e.g. notes are missing or illegible).
I understand that if I fail to immediately inform the Accommodations Coordinator of any problems with the class notes or with changes in my schedule or status, or otherwise fail to meet the requirements of this agreement, the coordinator may not be able to resolve the situation in a timely manner (e.g., by midterm, finals).