Non-Academic Requests & Facility Access
Voice: (650) 725-0326
Fax: (650) 723-1791
The Diversity & Access Office ensures University compliance with nondiscrimination and equal opportunity laws. The office also oversees Stanford’s compliance with federal and state disability-related laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act, and Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
For public events at the University (e.g., commencement, new student orientation, lectures, etc.), Diversity and Access is responsible for arranging disability-related accommodations for visitors. Individuals who need sign-language interpreters, Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s), wheelchair access to venues or other accommodations, should directly contact the Diversity and Access Office.
Stanford Student Services
Students can contact the Diversity and Access Office for:
- Accommodations for Stanford sponsored extracurricular events and activities (e.g., a play, musical event, dorm supported trip, athletics).
- Non-academic accommodations.
- Facility access issues related to classroom building and offices as well as paths of travel (e.g., building needs a power door, potholes and cracked sidewalks create hazards for a wheelchair user).
- Accommodations needed for parents, relatives, or visitors of the student.
- The process for filing disability complaints or grievances - Stanford University Student ADA Section 504 Grievance Procedure