The OAE Graduate Housing Lottery
The OAE Graduate Housing Lottery Timeline
* Friday, 2 April 2021: Summer 2021 and AY 2021-22 graduate housing applications open in Axess
* Monday, 5 April 2021: The 2021-22 OAE Lottery Housing Accommodation Request Form (HARF) opens in OAE | CONNECT
* Friday, 16 April 2021 at 11:59pm PDT: OAE Graduate Housing Lottery deadline for
> Summer Quarter 2020-2021
> Academic Year 2021-2022 (starting Autumn, Winter, or Spring Quarters)
* Wednesday, 5 May 2021: OAE Grad Lottery housing assignments released
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the Graduate Housing Assignment Lottery?
- What's the OAE Graduate Housing Assignment Lottery?
- How do I enter The OAE Lottery?
- When is The OAE Lottery Deadline?
- Can I apply with friends and still take part in The OAE Lottery?
- What should friends know about joining me in The OAE Lottery?
- Can I take part in The OAE Lottery and the standard Lottery?
- How do I know what my approved disability-related accommodations are?
- Why is The OAE Lottery Deadline so early?
- What if I missed The OAE Lottery Deadline?
R&DE Student Housing uses a lottery to assign housing to graduate students. You are assigned according to (1) your assignment priority level, (2) a random lottery number and (3) your housing choices.
It is known by a variety of names - The Grad Lottery, The Housing Lottery, The Lottery - and takes place each spring for assignments during Summer Quarter and the following academic year.
The OAE and R&DE Student Housing use a parallel process to assign housing to graduate students who need disability housing accommodations for themselves, their spouse, partner, or child. You are assigned according to (1) OAE approved disability-related accommodations, (2) your assignment priority level, (3) a random lottery number and (4) your housing choices.
You'll see this referred to as The OAE Grad Housing Lottery, The OAE Graduate Lottery, The OAE Grad Lottery, The OAE Lottery, etc.
- Be registered with the OAE;
- Have documentation on file;
- Submit an OAE Lottery Housing Accommodation Request Form (HARF) in OAE | CONNECT by the OAE Graduate Lottery deadline; and
- Submit a graduate housing application in Axess by the OAE Graduate Lottery deadline.
The OAE Graduate Lottery deadline changes annually, but is typically two weeks prior to the close of the standard First Round Lottery period. This is published in the Timeline above.
Yes, you can apply for housing with friends in Axess and participate in the OAE Graduate Lottery to have your disability-related accommodations met. See Applying with Friends In Graduate Housing for details on group sizes, group retention, and other aspects of applying as a group.
When you apply with friends, it's your responsibility to explain:
- They will not automatically be assigned along with you if their priority level does not warrant the same assignment;
- Only the housing choices listed on your housing application in Axess will be considered; and
- They will be assigned to a space that meets your accommodation needs, even if that space (e.g., an apartment type or building) is ranked lower on their list.
Make sure they consent to take part in the OAE Grad Lottery with you. Share this page: Applying with a Friend in The OAE Graduate Housing Lottery. Here's an easy url: bit.ly/OAE-lottery-friend.
Since The Lottery and The OAE Lottery are parallel processes, you (and your group members) can participate one or the other - not both. Being a part of the OAE Lottery means relinquishing the right to participate in the standard First Round Lottery.
Your Disability Adviser at the OAE will send a notice of your approved housing accommodations via email, no later than five business days after the OAE Lottery Deadline. Any questions, concerns, or appeals for reconsideration should be articulated right away.
In order to ensure that facilities modifications, specific room configurations, and other disability-related needs are met, The OAE Graduate Lottery assignments are determined ahead of the standard First Round Lottery results.
After the published OAE Grad Lottery deadline, all disability-related housing accommodation requests are reviewed by the OAE on a rolling basis and implemented by Student Housing as space become available. Groups are not considered after The OAE Lottery deadline.