OAE Response to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Check out OAE's Guidance for Students with Exam Accommodations in the remote-learning environment.
April 13 2020
Check out our new page of resources for students with disabilities:
March 16 2020
The Office of Accessible Education recognizes that many of our students fall into high risk groups and may be disproportionately affected by the novel coronavirus that causes the COVID-19 disease. In line with University guidance and Santa Clara County orders to "shelter in place," we are taking the following precautions to protect our community and communities beyond our campus, while continuing our daily activities in ways that are appropriate under the circumstances.
- Beginning Monday, March 16th, 2020, all OAE appointments will be held by phone or via Zoom. Our office will be closed until further notice, but all staff are working remotely and we remain available by email and phone: firstname.lastname@example.org; 650-723-1066.
- Students already registered with the OAE may continue to schedule appointments with their disability advisers by email, phone, or via OAECONNECT.stanford.edu and clicking on My Disability Adviser.
- Students wanting to register with the OAE should start at OAECONNECT.stanford.edu and click Register with the OAE. We can also be reached for questions by email at email@example.com or by phone at 650-723-1066.
- OAE staff will be closely monitoring both email and voice messages to respond as quickly as possible to any inquiries or requests. Because University policies continue to evolve in response to the changing situation, please bookmark healthalerts.stanford.edu for the latest information; you can also sign up for email alerts when new posts are added to the Stanford Health Alerts website. The OAE staff is committed to remaining agile in serving students, faculty, and staff; however, we may not have immediate answers to some questions.
- For our faculty and staff colleagues, please know that we remain equally available to collaborate with you by email, phone, and Zoom during this time.