Interpreter & CART Services
Courses & Academically Related Events
Interpreter services are available through the OAE for courses and other academically related events such as department-sponsored lectures. Students are strongly encouraged to make requests as soon as their course schedule is known or the date of an event is posted.
CART is a speech-to-text service that uses technology to provide a text format for auditory (i.e., lecture) information. The captioner/transcriber uses specialized software and a display device (computer monitor). Where and when practicable, all spoken information is typed in real-time so the student is able to read the lecture or class discussion on the computer monitor.
An un-edited transcript of the lecture may be requested and is usually sent within 48 hours after class.
Students should contact the OAE as soon as possible as timely notice is needed to coordinate accommodations. Similarly, it is the student's responsibility to notify the OAE as early as possible as to any problems experienced in the obtaining of academic accommodations and services.
All users of the Interpreter and CART services are required to read and agree to the following conditions. Please indicate that you agree on the online submission form before submitting.
As a user of Interpreter or CART services, I agree that:
- I will submit my request to the Accommodation Coordinator (AC) as soon as possible.
- I understand that while “last minute” requests (those submitted less than 48 hours in advance of the event) will be accepted and while reasonable attempts will be made to honor these requests, the OAE cannot guarantee service provider availability.
- I will ensure that the information I include on the service request form is accurate and complete so as to both speed and simplify the process of locating an Interpreter or CART service provider.
- I will inform the Coordinator of any changes in my schedule within 24 hours. These changes include adding or dropping classes, change of meeting time, place, or section number, or modifications in enrollment status such as a leave of absence.
- I will inform the Coordinator of any difficulty or inconsistencies in Interpreter or CART services as soon as they occur.
- I will submit all requests through the OAE and not establish services directly with the Interpreter or CART service provider. The OAE is not responsible for services established outside of its process (i.e., for services arranged by the student directly with the service provider).
- I realize that if I fail to inform the Coordinator in a timely manner of any problems with the Interpreter or CART services, or with changes in my schedule or status, or otherwise fail to meet the requirements of this agreement, the Coordinator may not be able to resolve the situation in a timely manner (e.g., by midterm, finals).
- I understand that if I am absent from three class sessions without notifying the OAE, my Interpreter or CART services may be interrupted and need to be reinstated.
Non-Academic & Extracurricular Activities
For interpreter services involving University sponsored non-academic activities (e.g., residence hall meeting) or public events (e.g., graduation), please contact the Diversity and Access Office.